What to expect?
After a consultation, your therapist will show you to an infrared room where others may also be enjoying the treatment in individual pods. Consider this a high-tech sauna! Don’t worry, nobody will be able to see you, so you can bask in the heat and relax in privacy. Simply sit with your spine aligned with the heater and let the infrared get to work. As your body’s core temperature is raised, your therapist will provide you with a towel and plenty of water. The warm rays will reach your deep tissue, increasing your circulation and enabling your blood flow to bring nutrients and oxygen to your skin’s surface. The more your skin breathes, the more it can enhance the absorption of essential ingredients found within your everyday lotions and potions. In fact, infrared is a great pre-treatment for facials and body masks. The heating up of your core body will not only give you a gentle cardiovascular workout, but will provide your whole immune system with a much-needed boost. Be prepared to leave with fresher and clearer skin!
Insider tip: have a shower and drink nettle or wheatgrass tea following your treatment, to give your body an even bigger boost.
Know before you go
- If you’re someone who struggles with heat, don’t fret. Unlike sauna or steam room therapy, infrared therapy heats your skin directly without heating the air. This feels like a warming sensation rather than a stuffy one.
- Infrared therapy is a great way of warming up your muscles before a massage and is excellent for combating any aches and pains you may be struggling with.
- We recommend finding out if your treatment will take place in a communal room. If it will, you’ll need to bring swimwear. But if you’ll be in a private room, you can bare all. Just make sure you have a towel for ultimate comfort.
- Each infrared session usually lasts around 30 minutes, with temperatures reaching around 35 degrees.
- Insider tip: have a shower and drink nettle or wheatgrass tea following your treatment, to give your body an even bigger boost.