Whether you want to embrace your natural curls or update your look with a new style, we’ve got you covered. Thanks to our choice of specialist salons, here’s how to get your next best black hair look, from au naturale afro hairdressing to box braids and beyond…
What you can expect
Depending on which treatment you opt for, your appointment will start in a specialist hair salon tailored to your hair type. The next step is entirely up to you. Some of the treatments you can expect to see on offer include:
- Weaves. Loved by Beyonce and Tyra Banks to name but a few, a weave is a brilliant way to add length to your natural hair. Your stylist will either sew, interlock or bond your new tresses to your existing hair. Et voila! Your weave will also allow your hair to grow in peace without being damaged by chemicals and heat styling. Result...
- Box braids or cornrows. Bang on trend and so much fun, both box braids and cornrows are styles you should rock at least once in their lifetime! Granted, the actual process of getting your box braids or cornrows done is pretty time-consuming, depending on your stylist’s technique and braid size, but one look at your finished ‘do and we guarantee you’ll be in love!
- Relaxing. Ready to relax? Your treatment will start with a strand test to test the strength of your hair which will decide which type of relaxer is best for you. Your stylist will then begin to divide your hair, before applying a few coats of relaxer formula to each section. A good old rinse, shampoo and some all-important deep conditioning later, and you’ll be sat under a hair dryer for around an hour. The process will finish with your barnet being blow-dried straight for super-smooth results.
- Natural hair services. Looking to get your hair back to its natural state or simply want to maintain your natural hair and keep it in tip-top shape? With tried-and-tested techniques, your natural hair stylist will properly cut, condition and care for your natural hair. Many will also recommend specific hair products for you to use in your everyday life, leaving it looking and feeling its very best.
- Dreadlocks. Want to try something different? Get your ‘locks either put in or maintained with Treatwell’s selection of specialist salons. No matter what dreadlock treatment type you go for, the goal will be to successfully nourish and progress your natural hair growth. Yes please!
Know before you go
- Keep your hair in tip-top condition before and after your appointment by saying no to shampoos loaded with sulfates. These remove the hair’s natural oils, creating a seriously dry situation.
- Where possible, step away from the hairdryer. Regular heat frazzles the hair into a frenzy, leading to some seriously sorry snapping.