My massage was werid, strange and uncomfortable and left me feeling a little vulnerable, but I'll get to that shortly!
1. My massage took place 22 minutes after my scheduled appointment.
2. For the last 7 of those minutes I was left alone in the massage room waiting for my massage to begin with no information provided, advice given or questions asked of me i.e what areas would I like to focus on, do I have any injuries or concerns.
3. I wasn't told where I could place my clothes, what I could use to cover myself (I ended up using a couple of Ikea blankets I found on a chair) and I had to close the door as it appeared I was expected to undress with the door wide open.
4. The bamboo sticks used for my bamboo massage were shockingly cold. Not heated as indicated when I booked.
5. For the most part it was a classic hand massage with the cold bamboo sticks used sparingly.
6. My massage was werid, strange and uncomfortable. I've only ever had one masseuse massage my stomach and she asked my permission first, explaining that it's not for everyone. It's not for me! My breasts were also massaged which is a first - and last - for me. This may say more about me than my masseuse but a breat and belly massage made me feel awkward, vulnerable and powerless.
7. The massage was just over 45 minutes and not the 60 minutes I'd booked. That said I'm kinda grateful it was over sooner than I'd booked for.
8. The salon doesn't except credit or debit cards. Cash only. Luckily there's a cashpoint close by.
9. When I asked for a receipt i.e standard proof of purchase/services provided, I was told "but you live here, no?" Here being the UK. That maybe so but I still required a receipt. What I was given was a business card with my treatment scribbled on the back. Unprofessional.