I booked via treatwell and visited for root touch up while heavily pregnant.
1. I called in advance to enquire if they had ammonia free and they said will call back - never did.
2. I arrived (an old man was on the phone sorting out personal stuff) for appointment and the colourist said they had ammonia free and progressed with the colour. In a few minutes, the old man on the phone turned to me and without approaching me spoke to me from his seat that they would like to charge extra. I said it wasn't clarified earlier... He kept pestering me... 'Oh, but we charge extra etc'.. Very annoying. Later another girl arrived and I overheard the old man charge her an extra 10 for using a specific shampoo. It seems to be the practice here.
3. I said the salon was too hot and stuffy, and the colourist just basically ignored me ( there was a fan and it was just a matter of switching it on).
4. It was at least an hour long appointment and I wasn't even offered water - even after I said it was too hot a stuffy.
5. After shampoo, the colourist showed me to a different chair and I refused that chair as there were hair all over (it's superstitious in my culture... Especially when pregnant). He just puffed and said 'it's a hair salon - what do you expect - pasta on the floor?'. It was humiliating and I just didn't want to continue with the treatment. His reason was that the hair dryer was plugged in and he preferred to not move it to my original chair.
These guys are awful and disrespectful. I would never go there if you want a peaceful service.
One of the best salons in London for sure. Old fashioned and modern styling, best produtcs for use and retail, great customer service. Cost X Service super top! Ben did a great job in my keratin blow dry, now I def have a wash and go hair!!!! Love it
Atelier Hair & Beauty is a small but light and fresh salon a couple of doors up from the O2 Shopping centre on Finchley Road, West Hampstead. Specialising in hair colouring services, they also offer men’s and women’s haircuts and blow dry and setting treatments.
Open seven days a week, they utilise a number of top branded products including L’Oreal, Joico and Paul Mitchell.