Question: Is there anything I should do to prepare before going to get a spray tan?
Asked by KatieInnes
Can you help out?
Thanks for answering - your answer appears below
Top Answer – As rated by the community
Before a tan
• Skin should be free from self tan, perfume, deodorant and aromatherapy oils
• Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the treatment
• The day before your tan, exfoliate using Sienna eXquisitely soft body polish. Paying attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet
• On the day of your tan, wear dark, loose fitting clothing and dark coloured underwear.
After treatment advice:
• Do not shower or bathe for at least 8 hours (the development time).
Pat dry after showering/ bathing- do not rub.
• Do not participate in any activity which may cause perspiration for at least 12 hours after the treatment
• To prolong your tan in-between spray tans, use “Sienna X eXtend and perfect gradual tan” 1-4 times a week and moisturise daily using “eXceptional radiance moisturising balm”
Other answers (4)
Judging by your other questions, you may well have a metabolic imbalance. If you often have cold hands and feet, dry hair/skin etc - your thyroid could be underactive. Are you eating adequately for your requirements? You could check out metabolic typing. In the meantime, to treat the largest excretory organ in your body - your skin - you could place a flannel over the palm of your hand and rub your body all over when you have a shower - it will stimulate your lymphatic system and exfoliate at the same time. Do every day. U may feel itchy at first if congested but this will pass - listen to your body.
It totally depends on how comfortable you feel on leaving the house with no make-up or deodarant on. If your not having your spray tan done till later in the day then I would put it on and when you go to get your tan done your therapist should provide you with some wipes to remove both with.
Make sure you exfoliate either the night before or in the morning to prepare the skin, this will leave you with a more even and glowing tan.
You must remove make up and deodrant pre spray tanning.
I offer Sienna X Spray Tanning for £25
no Don't wear perfumes.moisturisers,deodorants or other tanning products before your spray tan,as these will interfere with the results. Afterwards wear loose fitting dark clothing,sandals/flip-flops and don't bathe or shower for at least 8 hours afterwards.wax at least 48 hours prior to tanning or shave at least 24 hours before.