Keeping you up to date with Coronavirus procedures within our Salon partners
Salons in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are open.
We've collected some guidance on safety measures to keep you and your salon safe at your next appointment, which you can find below. If you have any concerns, please call ahead and speak to your salon before your appointment.
As always, please take caution and follow local government advice if you, or anyone in your household, display symptoms. To stay up to date with current government guidelines for close contact services click here.
What you can expect from your salon visit.
Some salons still continue to follow strict hygiene practices and social distancing measures to limit the number of people in the salon at once. If in doubt, please check with the salon to be sure how they are handling the current guidelines as the situation continues to change.
We will continue to respond to government advice as it develops and maintain updates here so that you can confidently continue to receive the beauty treatments you need and love from our salon partners.
Remember, you can still reschedule if your plans change, just manage your appointment through our app.
We continue to work closely with the government on behalf of our salon partners to advise on health & safety measures to ensure salons are a safe space as you return, here’s how you can help:
1. Salons adhering to social distancing measures may limit the number of clients allowed inside the salon at once, or prevent clients turning up for walk-in appointments. Make sure to book ahead to guarantee an appointment.
2. Wash and sanitise your hands often to prevent the spread of germs. Try to do this prior to arriving at the salon and once you’re inside (if possible). Don’t forget that 20-second washing rule for properly clean hands.
3. If you’re feeling unwell, have been ill recently, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, please review the latest government recommendations & inform the salon. Don't worry, rescheduling is easy (even if you've pre-paid). You'll find a link to reschedule in your booking confirmation email or in 'My Bookings' on the app.
4. Though reuniting with your stylist will be glorious, avoid hugging, shaking hands or physical contact that’s not necessary inside the salon. This will prevent the potential spread of germs.
7. We'd suggest taking a drink with you to your appointment (like a bottle of water or a coffee from somewhere nearby), to avoid using the salon's cups.
5. Pay for your treatment in advance (when booking), so that you and your stylist will not have to handle cash in the salon. Contactless card payments are another way to minimise, well, contact.
8. If you've been advised to wear a mask then please do so. You may notice our salon partners wearing masks more frequently for their own protection and yours.
6. Salon partners may decide to leave their entrance doors open to avoid clients touching the handle (and spreading bacteria to other areas). If it's open when you arrive, just ask a team member if they'd like to keep it open.
Last updated 18.02.2022