Skincare Consultation

Search Treatwell for Skincare Consultation near you
Beauty is skin deep. Everyone knows that we all come in different shapes and sizes so it’s little surprise that our skin has different needs too. That’s where a skin consultation might help, as it identifies a whole host of conditions and determines what skincare regime is best for you. So whether you fall into the oily, dry or combination category, a skincare consultation is the best way of finding out what suits your skin needs and how you can achieve healthier looking skin.

How does it work?

Before starting your skincare consultation, your therapist will have a look at your complexion and ask you to fill out a skincare history form so they can become familiar with your skincare routine, allergies and any other skin health issues – it may take time but the more they know, the more they can tell you.

Many skincare consultants will use state of the art skin analysis machines to give extra depth to your appointment. These wonderful gadgets scan your skin to map exactly what’s happening above and below your skin’s surface. It can pick up on conditions that are invisible to the naked eye, so even if your skin appears healthy on the outside it might prove different on the inside. The type of machine used will vary, with some taking multidimensional snapshots of your face and others simply providing UV light to reveal all. Generally, they will focus on six different aspects that are believed to play a key role in your complexion’s overall appearance. These are spots, pores, wrinkles, evenness, UV spots caused by sun damage, and porphyrins, which shows whether or not there is any bacteria in your pores.

If you are brave enough, the consultant may also reveal how your skin will age over the next five years and what steps you can take to slow down the ageing process. Remember only 20% of skin ageing is due to genetics the other 80% you can do something about, so it’s never too late to start looking after your skin.

Armed with all this detailed information, the consultant will be able to work with you to decide on the most effective treatments and the right skincare regime for you. A consultation will usually take around thirty minutes to complete, so it’s great for those with little time on their hands – but it is often paired with a personalised facial or treatment so you still leave feeling pampered. It’s a good idea to go for more than one skincare consultation, as over time it will pick up on the effects of your new skin regime and whether any changes need to be made to it.

Is it for me?

The good thing about a skincare consultation is that it is suitable for everyone. So whether you are male or female, young or old this treatment is for you. After all, you’re never too young to start looking after your skin. It’s also pain free, so there is no need to gear yourself up for it and you’ll usually discover great products and beauty tips to help with your skin woes.

Share this article

Similar treatments

Facials - CACI

Admired for face-lifting feats, a CACI (Computer Aided Cosmetology Instrument) facial is your answer to cosmetic-surgery results – without the surgery. Using the power of electric waveforms, this is a surefire way to tighten and tone the muscles while smoothing away fine lines and wrinkles.

Facials - Rejuvenation Acupuncture

Don’t let bags and sags get the better of you. If your features are starting to fall, facial rejuvenation acupuncture will pinpoint the culprits and pull them back into check. Based on the traditional Chinese therapy, this non-surgical treatment will firm up skin and fill out wrinkles without a scalpel in sight. Even just a short spell of pricks can have you looking years younger in seconds.

Permanent & Semi-Permanent Makeup

If you want a flawless finish without the fuss, you might want to consider semi-permanent makeup. Perfect for those who want to shave time off their beauty routine, or suffer with allergies to conventional makeup, this cosmetic treatment works by inserting micropigments into the skin. The most common services requested include microblading, lip contour, permanent eyeliner, beauty spots and freckles. Hassle-free, smudge-proof and totally glam, what’s not to love?

Questions and answers about Skincare Consultation