What to expect?
Your treatment will take place with a fully qualified practitioner in a private treatment room. You’ll have an opportunity to address any questions you may have before getting started. Once you’re all settled and ready to go, your practitioner will target your chosen area with small injections that intend to break up localised fat deposits and tighten sagging skin. Yes please! Lipodissolve works excellently on a variety of body parts including your arms, chin, stomach and legs. Depending on the size of the area being targeted, your session will last around 20-30 minutes, so you can easily pop out on your lunch break!
As lipodissolve is minimally invasive compared to surgery, it avoids a bunch of negative side effects. Excessive bruising, swelling and infection are all nowhere to be found here!
Good to know
- Lipodissolve is ideal for people with a particular area in mind that they’d like to target.
- Experienced practitioners recommend that you undergo 4-6 sessions of treatment in order to achieve your desired results.
- As lipodissolve is minimally invasive compared to surgery, it avoids a bunch of negative side effects. Excessive bruising, swelling and infection are all nowhere to be found here!
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding or hoping to conceive in the next six months or so, it’s recommended that you avoid having this treatment.
- The same rules apply to those with certain medical conditions, so definitely check with your GP or a practitioner at your chosen clinic just to get the all clear.
The sciencey stuff
Lipodissolve uses a chemical solution designed to dissolve your fat cells. At the risk of sounding like a chemistry teacher, this solution is a compound made up of enzymes that specifically target fatty acids without damaging the tissue surrounding the fat. This means it’s fast, effective and, most importantly, perfectly safe. After your treatment, the excess fatty material isn’t removed by your practitioner. Instead, it’s broken down by the body and discarded the most natural way possible - through your urine! The main ingredient used in lipodissolve is phosphatidylcholine (no, us neither), which was originally designed to treat cardiac disease. Impressive stuff!