Does it offend you?
We expect Treatwell citizens to be polite and well mannered so if anything you see on this site causes you offence (profanities, unauthorised advertising, slanderous comments), please let us know and we'll look into right away.
Before you submit your report, have a read of our Community Guidelines to make sure the content of this review breaches them in any way.
If this is your business, see also our.
Visited May 2011
First of all I should mention that I went to stay a night using my Pru Health private medical insurance discount which enabled me to stay the night in a shared standard room for £35 (Platinum level member) which included 3 meals, 1 back massage and full use of the facilities so for me the value was AMAZING!
I have now been to Tring and Forrest Mere so I knew what to expect. However compared to the other two I was quite disappointed and here are the reasons why:
1. There was no sauna at all at this Spa!
2. And the steam room was out of order! (Although I was able to book the Infrared cabin free of charge for 30mins)
3. The 'Fitness Suite' (gym) absolutely reeked like rotten fish! We walked in took one breath and had to walk straight out again as it was that bad!!
4. The showers in the changing rooms had no temperature gauge and was really cold.
5. The layout was annoyingly long and inconvenient.
6. The venue felt overcrowded and there was a big hen party group which meant the SPA area was constantly packed and they hogged all the loungers with their towels even when they were not around and the staff did not step in to help the other guests.
7. The quality of the food was not as high as the other 2 Champney's, however it may be that they are cost cutting for the recession.
However there are of course some positives:
1. The staff are all very friendly and welcoming. A girl who stood out was Charlie in the Spa reception who also taught some classes.
2. There were some entertaining family of ducks in the square, the duckling were adorable. There were some cute wild baby bunnies roaming around the grounds too.
3. Unlike Forrest Mere, Henlow had Champney's products in the hotel bathroom, a set for each guest.
Just a standard room as expected with the DVD player. The bed was comfortable and we were in a quiet part of the building.
I had a back massage and a facial and I fell asleep during it as it was so relaxing.
I won't be going back to this one as its quite far from where I live and not as good as others but I'm glad I went and ticked it of my list. I'm glad I only paid £35 as if I had paid the full price I would be more than annoyed!