Does it offend you?
We expect Treatwell citizens to be polite and well mannered so if anything you see on this site causes you offence (profanities, unauthorised advertising, slanderous comments), please let us know and we'll look into right away.
Before you submit your report, have a read of our Community Guidelines to make sure the content of this review breaches them in any way.
If this is your business, see also our.
The Bannatyne Spa Millbank
Visited Mar 2011
I went here in March 2011. My brother had given me a pamper day for 2 for my 30th. This included 3 treatments per person as well as use of gym and classes.
Gym - small - lacking some equipment that I am able to use at a more basic budget gym that I am a member of.
Changing rooms - smelt of damp, no shampoo/conditioner available, in need of refurb.
Spinning class - worst spinning class I have ever been to - no structure, basically just going for full pelt for the whole class, no variation of what we were doing except sit down/stand up, no visualisation of what we were doing (e.g. hill climb etc). My friend has never done spin and I had to help her set up the bike, and there was no explanation to her as to what to expect (mind you not that it was needed - he could've said just go fast at the highest resistance you can manage for 45 minutes, job done).
Pool/jazuzzi etc - fine
Treatments - It seems that as soon as the therapists twig you are on a pamper day they don't bother as they know you're probably an out of towner and not likely to come back
- My friend only got 2 of the 3 treatments she should have had
- My therapist took me to my treatment room and then disappeared for 10 minutes
- My 30 min massage lasted 10 mins - was reasonable massage but not what I was supposed to get (my friend has the same experience next door for hers)
- We filled in forms about skin type etc but the therapists did not have these (as they didn't know who was who between me and my friend) and asked me if I had any allergies/skin conditions after she had slapped a load of product on my face.
- My facial only lasted 10 mins (again should've been 30 mins).
- My therapist sat at the stool at the head of the massage bed texting whilst she was waiting inbetween products during the facial (and whilst I had eye pads on). This made it hard to relax as she was holding the phone by my ear!!!
- Eyebrow shape - poor/average
All in all pretty disappointing, especially as we had treked into london for this 'pamper' day. I left feeling disappointed, and realising what value for money my regular 'budget' gym is!