The first BodySmooth Clinic was established in 1999. The clinic initially focused on providing Laser Hair Removal treatments. Since inception, our clinics have grown and expanded the range of treatments. We now offer a full array of Cosmetic Surgery, SmartLipo with Aspiration, Hair Transplants, Laser Hair Removal and non-surgical treatments.
Our team is friendly, approachable and highly professional. We are dedicated to providing you a personal yet professional service, exceeding your expectations.
Our Cosmetic Surgeons are highly skilled and qualified and have performed thousands of operations between them. They have been chosen to perform specific procedures in which they have particular expertise.
Have you been here?
Write a review
I bought the laser hair removal treatment last year through Groupon and since then I’ve only received 2 treatments. My last appointment was in early March which was cancelled as the machine broke down. Since then I have had no response, update or another appointment. It has now been 5 months and the machine still isn’t fixed. I have called them numerous times and every time it’s the same excuse, its like a broken record.
I finally had enough and wrote them a letter for a refund I didn’t hear anything. So I wrote anther letter and I still haven’t heard anything. My hair growth has been affected as a result of shaving and now I have much more hair then I had before!
I want to take the matter further and complaint against them. I read some of the reviews here and it seems there are a lot of us in the same situation. I would really like to have your support to complaint against body smooth and get our money back.
Money doesn’t grow on trees to just forget about it. The embarrassment caused by not being able to do anything with the hair that now I have but never before is also caused by body smooth is an extra reason to rightly demand our money back and complaint. Please let me know if any of you have received your refund if not then it’s about time we get our money back.
Report as inappropriate
I WOULD SERIOUSLY NOT RECOMMEND BODYSMOOTH- and here are a few reasons why:
- staff are rude and abrupt
- scheduling a time for an appointment is nigh on impossible and will take days to get through to them and even when you do get through, they will make you wait on the phone whilst dealing with another customer- calling their 0800 number from a mobile is VERY costly!
- my second appointment was a disaster - the hair didn't even fall out and the therapist didn't speak to me at all during the session whilst she half heartedly attempt to laser me- i could have done a better job myself!
- When i finally scheduled an appointment, i recieved an email to say that the machine had broken down and they are fixing it and they will call me up to reschedule - didn't hear anything back from them till I phoned them to reschedule 6 weeks later- and the machine was still broken!!
- I have finally had enough and asked for a refund, to which they said they'd refund me within 2-4 weeks- it's been longer than 4 weeks and I've emailed them to remind them - I will just have to go and have it out with them face to face to get my money back.
DO NOT trust Bodysmooth as they are a bunch of cowboys and there are plenty of other better places out there to get the same thing they are providing.
Report as inappropriate
So my first visit was average- I'd booked in and gone for my intial consultation and patch test for IPL hair removal. The receptionist was friendly, I was asked to take a seat and fill out the batch of forms. Once I was finished the therapise came and asked me to come to the room (mumbled it and dint introduce herself at that point nor a handshake nor a smile).
She was unfriendly and unsympathetic- considering hair removal can be a sensitive issue, particularly for the face- I was hoping for some advice and guidelines. She seemed rushed and didn't go into much detail about what actually happens.
that done, I booked my first treatment before I left. At which point they told me I would see a different therapist because the lady I had just seen would be on hoilday (and I having to wait a few weeks for hair growth). From then onwards I had to stop waxing or plucking and only shave (upper lip on the lady is pretty unattractive). 4 weeks later I went for the treatment. I turned up and sat in the waiting room chatting to the very friendly receptionist. After about 5 minutes she knocked on the therapists door as a reminder that I was waiting. The therapist closed the door again, then called the receptionist in and closed the door. I knew something was wrong. The receptionist then came out and sat down next to me and started apologising but that they didn't have any record of my forms or patch test from before and because the therapist there didn't do my patch test they couldnt commence treatment.
I suggested I fill out a new set of forms and we carry on. According to them, I had to do another patch test with that therpaist and they could re-book my consultation. I was not happy with this. As you can imagine I had been shaving my upper lip for 4 weeks and was finally having laser! I wont go into too much detail but after 10 minutes, I was livid. They were not making any room to accomodate me even though I was offering to consent to a different therapist and surely therefore liability would be mine?! The poor receptionist was left to deal with angry old me because the therapist wouldnt even come out and talk to me herself. There was absolutely no one else in the clinic and the therapist was sitting in her room doing nothing. I understood no reason why we couldnt go ahead with treatment andi t was not my fault that they had lost my forms, but Iwas willing to consent.
Anyways, eventually we went ahead with treatment (after I got myself so hyped up I burst into tears and felt bad for being rude to the receptionist) which only lasted about 10 minutes and all was done- so I asked myself- what was all that fuss about?
i was terribly embarrassed that I had turned psycho on them but wow it was shocking service and just no room for fixing the situation there and then until I was asking for a refund.
I dont know why I was allowed to book in for treatment with another therapist in the first place if this was their policy? All in all, the therapist that day ended up being a lot nicer than the first one and the receptionist had been lovely but I'm not sure who manages the clinic and why there was no one there to take intitiave and find an alternative solution at the time.
I wouldn't recommend this clinic at all. I have since gone somewhere else for IPL treatment and they have given me information about treatment that bodysmooth did not.
Report as inappropriate
Don't ever use this clinic!! I bought a voucher from groupon for laser hair removal - 6 sessions for £129.
Firstly, booking the appointment was a nightmare. I anticipated the demand would be great so called as soon as the deal was successful to book. I was told that they were still recruiting laser therapists so most of the appointments were not yet available! To add to this, the receptionists speak very poor English and are rude and abrupt.
In terms of the laser...on their website they claim to use ND Yag laser - I had been having treatment with this specific laser at another salon for full price and saw the Groupon as a great opportunity so I bought it. They DO NOT use this laser - they use IPL for all of their patients, regardless of skin tone (I am of asian origin so am very cautious what I apply to my skin when it comes to laser)
The laser therapist; the lady I had for my first appointment was very good but I am yet to see her again. Since then I have had 4 further appointments; the therapist is terrible. Her processes are haphazard; she rarely covers my full face, she covers other areas twice without realising. She just rushes through as quickly as she can.
To add to all this, there have been 2 separate occasions where their laser has broken so they have had to cancel all appointments. They have not managed to fix it for more than 2 weeks on each occasion, creating a massive backlog of appointments. In addition to this, on both occasions when the laser broke, they called to cancel the appointment and promised they would call to rebook when it was fixed. They never did; I am still waiting for my call from a month ago!!
To sum up, I would never recommend this salon, especially at the full treatment price. Buying the Groupon just made me realise why I pay so much more at the salon I go to. There is no way I would ever go back now
Report as inappropriate
Before I start I should explain first that I went with a Groupon discount: "£99 instead of £450 for three cellulite-busting Velashape sessions, safely contouring the body and smoothing skin on multiple areas at Bodysmooth - Save 78%". Highlights:
* Increases lymphatic drainage and shrinks the size of fat cells and chambers in a painless and non invasive way
* This extremely popular aesthetic service is favoured by celebs and glossy publications alike
* Featured in Vogue, Oprah magazine, Wall Street Journal, National Enquirer, OK Weekly and on Dr. Phil
* Named number one procedure for cellulite in 2009 by American Health and Beauty
So needless to say I was quite excited with high hopes and expectations. But the events that followed led to dissapointment and frustration. I'm sorry Bodysmooth but this is my honest and sincere account.
1. BOOKING MY APPOINTMENTS: In my entire life full of frequent beauty treatments I have never been left so frustrated with the customer service. It was by far the worst EVER! It took me about 8 phonecalls by me, 2 emails and 2 weeks to book my appointments. I would call them, go through my voucher details and tell them when I was free to have the appointments then they would say please wait a second while I could hear customers in the venue talking to the staff trying to book their appointments. One time I was on my mobile phone for 30 mins to them, most of it waiting for them to be told they would call me back. Did they? No. I called again, same thing. What made it worse was the staff did not speak fluent English and kept asking me to repeat what I was saying (I have a standard british accent with no regional dialect or ghetto speak).
What I assume happenned was they did not anticipate the demand through Groupon and did not set a limit in number of places (unlike the smarter places) so they were overwelmed and could not cope with the high volume of calls and appointments.
2. THE VENUE: Eventually I managed to book my appointments. (2 months after I had paid btw). When I got there I was (un)welcomed by 2 rather unfriendly strange eastern european looking women in reception that did not smile and stared at me gormlessly and made me feel extremely uncomfortable. (I would just like to say in my 2 other appointments the reception staff were different each time and both considerably friendlier). I had not realised the venue was a proper clinic for liposuction type procedures so that was quite interesting. The small messy bathroom that look like no one had ever tried to hoover it did have a hidden gem however. The hand dryer machine. It was extremely powerful and entertaining to see the flesh on my hands move around. I always looked forward to my appointments so I could have another go on the hand dryer.
3. THE TREATMENT: The therapist I got was a friendly beauty conscious Indian girl. She was pleasant and it also happenned to be her first day which worried me some what but she seemed to know what she was doing. She did kind of have a go about my diet but understandably so for the procedure to have any affect. She worked the machine (which feels like a cold robbotic millipede pinching my fat) on the back and front of my thighs, belly and bum in 45 mins. In the first one she did my upper bum too but stopped after that. I couldn't be bothered to ask why. It was painful in some areas but I still found it relaxing. I was thinking about reviewing it here while I was getting it done and I have come to the conclusion that if your BMI is over 30, over a UK size 16 or have a body fat % of over 33% then I would not recommend this treatment for you. VelaShape targets only the outerlayer of fat and if you have tonnes of it its not going to do anything for you.
4. VERDICT: Overall I lost a couple of inches. I would do it again but there is no way I would pay anywhere near the full price of £150 for 45 mins. I think £33 is steep!! I'm not sure I would ever return to Bodysmooth either, they improved a lot over the course of 3 sessions but the first impression is too terrible.
Report as inappropriate
HI, I have gone to Bodysmooth two times now for vela shape - the first time I was measured before the treatment - the tape measure was all twisted - I was too polite to point this out. Half way through my treatment the therapist remembered that she had not weighed me either - she asked me to get up so she could record the results - a bit of a pain once you are relaxed. Even though I paid for an hour of this treatment on two separate occasions I have only received - one 40 min treatment and the other day - 35 mins.
Also when I rang to book a series of appointments I was told by the person who answered the phone that even though I had six appts to book as I had already booked two 'I was lucky that I had booked two and that they another person waiting on the line so they couldn't book any more as they had to answer the other call'.
If I could get a refund on the series of treatments I booked here I would - you do not get what you pay for and they act as if they are doing you a favour - whatever happened to customer service?
Report as inappropriate